Friday, July 31, 2009

New Hobby

So I'm trying a new hobby...why not. I need something else to help me procrastinate in my school work! So I'm teaching myself to crochet. Growing up I remember always having a handmade afghan to cuddle up in. Both my mom's mother and sister used to crochet, so I think I'll carry on the tradition. Let's just hope I can catch on. Reading a pattern is like deciphering government code. I have a book that explains things but I'm still a little confused. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

Here's me working my little practice piece. I'm not sure what it will be but I just keep on practicing the various chain stitches and working on my tension.

And I tend to tense up my hands, that doesn't seem right. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment