Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dinner 2 Nights Ago 7/10/09

Feeling inspired from our recent trip to Japan. I decided to make Miso Glazed Cod. It's a recipe from Ellie Krieger's book The Food You Crave. While I was at it, I also made the Asian style sauteed cabbage in her book as well. Both came out quite tasty. The Miso Glaze was very simple: just miso paste, toasted sesame oil, brown sugar, and mirin. The miso paste was a hard to find ingredient and I had to go to the international grocery store in town. But that turned out to be a fun trip b/c the Super G-Mart (name of our international grocery store) has a wide variety of goods from all over.


The Miso Glazed Cod was a hit. And I highly recommend it.



And for a special treat, I found Mochi Red Bean Ice Cream at the Super G-Mart. It's not quite as good as the real thing in Japan but as good as it's going to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment