Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mary Mary Quite Contrary, How Does Your Garden Grow?

Well many of you may remember that I started some seeds back in April. It has been slow growing but the plants are finally gaining some size. Today I was able to harvest some of my herbs. I think being about of town for 2 weeks during the critical period of transplantation set them back a little. But they seem to be rallying.

Me and my porch garden.

Overview of my tomato plants. There are 2 varieties from Burpee: Patio Princess Hybrid and Italian Ice.

This is my tallest tomato plant. I can barely see over the top (but that might not be saying much).

Here's my Fuchsia Plant and Dahlia. So pretty! But I can't claim credit, I did not start these from seeds.

Up close pic of my Fuchsia Plant.

My Coleus Plants with a rogue Curly Willow long ago inserted by David.

And here are some Coleus Plants that I am rooting for my mother. They are so easy to pinch and root.

My Frilly Pansies. I really hope these flower. Maybe by the time fall comes....sheesh this is a slow process.

And finally, a few herbs that I was able to pick tonight. There's Basil, Flat Leaf Parsley and Chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment