Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sausage, Peppers and Onions


This is one of the best "sandwich" ideas ever. I don't if it really qualifies as a "sandwich' per se. But I'm calling it that. Anywho. As tasty as this guys are, they are soo fattening. But not if you use turkey or chicken sausage. I personally use chicken sausages because our local Harris Teeter has just started making both sweet and hot Italian varieties. So I cook them up in a non-stick skillet. Then I let them rest on some paper towels because there is a little bit of fat. Next I sauté up sliced onions and bell peppers. While those cook I slice up the cooked sausage. Some people may like to leave them whole but I find it easier to eat in slices. Then once the veggies are done, I put the sausage back in the pan to warm them through. And thanks to Sandra Lee I have a yummy recipe for sweet, spicy and sour mustard. Yum!

Mustard
1/4 yellow mustard
1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Hot Sauce
1 tsp. Cider Vinegar


No comments:

Post a Comment