Sunday, November 15, 2009

Spicy Peanut Noodles with Chicken

I adapted this recipe from Cooking Light's Sesame Noodles with Chicken. It's different in that I don't put sesame seeds in mine b/c I don't always have some. I use more chili sauce than their recipe calls for (makes it spicy). I add chicken stock instead of vegetable stock b/c it's what I keep in my pantry. And I use a vegetable peeler for my carrots and I stir them in while everything is hot so they don't fully cook (b/c many of you know I hate cooked carrots). Clearly this recipe is very versatile. It reminds me of almost Pad Thai. David wants to try it with shrimp one day.


Here's the original from Cooking Light's website:

8 ounces uncooked linguine

1 cup matchstick-cut carrots

2/3 cup organic vegetable broth (such as Swanson's Certified Organic)

1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter

2 tablespoons rice vinegar

2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce

1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)

2 teaspoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)

2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast

1 cup thinly sliced green onions

2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted


Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add carrots to pasta during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain well.


Combine broth and next 5 ingredients (through Sriracha) in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine pasta mixture, chicken, and onions in a large bowl. Drizzle broth mixture over pasta mixture; toss well. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment