Saturday, November 21, 2009

Applesauce Cake

Another winner from America's Test Kitchen! I love these people! I made a sweet potato casserole earlier this week that was hands down the best I've ever had or made. (and I am known for my sweet potato casserole at the holidays) This new recipe will become a holiday staple. Back to the cake...A little different than just a regular apple sauce cake, you reconstitute dried apples in apple cider on the stove top. It gives the cake great flavor! The topping is just a simple spiced sugar sprinkled over the top.

Look how tasty!

Brilliant idea of making a parchment paper sling that allows you to lift the cake out of the pan.

Take the cake out and start cutting!

Oh so moist and delicious. It's not dense. It's not overly spiced. Just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment