Sunday, November 8, 2009

Kim to the Rescue!!!

So yesterday I kept hearing a screeching coming from our fireplace. And then last night some scratching. I couldn't convince David to poke around in the chimney, so we called our apartment office to have someone take a look on Monday. But then this morning I heard less scratching and no screeching. I got worried. Worried enough that I was going to poke around myself if David wouldn't. But he came to my rescue, seeing as how I was getting upset, and poked through the leaves that blocked our flue. Lo and behold look what we found!


She was cold to the touch at first, so I heated up my rice heating pack and made a nest for her. Poor little thing; helpless, cold and doesn't even have her eyes open yet.

After searching on the internet, I found someone who answered their phone and would take her in. According the rehab volunteer, squirrels are having babies late this year and it is highly unusual to have a 4 week old squirrel in November.

My efforts worked, and when it came time to drop her off she was moving and screeching again! Looks like she's gonna make it!




1 comment: