Monday, February 22, 2010

Look what came in the mail today....

Tickets for Shakespeare at the Globe! Yay! I was so excited when I found out that Macbeth would be on schedule during the time we're in London this summer. It's one of the few plays that I have read. No thanks to years of torture from Liz, who never had us read the "normal" books in High School. But that's okay, I have taken it upon myself to read the classics in my free time. Which with graduate school hasn't been that often but I am making progress. Anyways..I digress. Macbeth is also neat b/c when we get up into Scotland we're gonna try and see Cawdor Castle (which actually was not built until the 15th cen. so there's no way the Macbeth or Duncan ever saw the thing). I think that I picked out pretty good seats. I did my research (of course! Who do you think you talking to?) and picked out which seats would offer the best views. According to the Globe's website, all seats will have some sort of fault. I was more concerned with me being short and being able to see over the person in front of me. So I picked tickets in the front. And I'm glad I got them early b/c tickets go fast! Our vacation cannot come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment