Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Making a start on Halloween

During this past week the temperatures dipped here in NC, which made me think of fall.  So I'm so glad to be working on some Halloween stitching.  I finished up a couple Christmas pieces and oh course HRH is a continual project. It's been a slow week, stitching-wise.  We are in a three week break between summer camp and "school" starting back for my toddler.  Needless to say, I'm worn out!  But we're trying to make it fun while she's been stuck inside during the past week with all the rain.  Enjoy some pictures!


Very slow progress on block 6...very slow.


Here's Owliver from JCS Christmas 2012 by Jemini Designs.

Deck the Halls Santa by Petei Designs.


A few years ago I stitched Mr. Blue Monster, so here's his Ms.  My daughter insisted I do the girl monster.  They are by Mosey N Me in the 2012 JCS editions.

And my current Halloween project from the 2011 JCS Halloween issue by SamSarah Designs.  Stitching on perforated paper is such an adjustment for me.

Rainy week and kid at home...I decided to try a new recipe to shake things up.  Here's a huevos rancheros from the current edition of Cooks Country.  It was really good, and I'm not a huge egg person.


And part of rainy day fun...dress up!  She was a "pincess", "cinlella" to be exact.  :D



And with all this rain, someone loved getting new rain boots.





2 comments:

  1. Oh my! That girl is developing her own style already! Watch out, mom! :D Love all your stitching! The monsters are adorable! Hope you two have lots of fun before school starts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been a busy girl and all your stitching is pretty as a picture as is that sweet little girl of yours!

    ReplyDelete