Sunday, July 13, 2014

And I'm back!

I am back to stitching, and with a vengeance! It's been a crazy week and a half.  With "summer camp" taking two weeks off around the 4th of July, my 2 1/2 year old has been home 24/7.  Needless to say...crazy house!  But during quiet time and bed time, I managed to get a lot done.


Here's a needlepoint UNC candy cane that I will taking to my local store to have finished.  Love the sparkly threads on this one.


From the 2012 JCS Christmas Ornament edition, this is a Quaker Darning Stocking by Legacy Designs.  I've mailed it off to Faye at Carolina Stitcher to finish for me. --> I can't sew :D



Here's the usual suspect, my Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings.  I finished up block 4 and started on block 5.



While going through my stash, I found this crewel kit from the Crewel Work Company by Phillipa Turnbull.  This pattern is called Secret Squirrel. I just love it.  It's part of her Elizabethan series.





And my week wouldn't be complete without cooking some delicious food.  Come on!  It's why I work out so hard.

Oven "Fried" Eggplant Parmesan - homemade pomodoro sauce, bruschetta bread salad, and gorgonzola garlic bread.


And with some gorgeous looking cod from the Shrimp Connection here in town, I made potato crusted cod, adapted from this America's Test Kitchen recipe.



And what post would be complete with out a snap of the little one.  Listen to and I quote, "her favorite song." (it's just some random classical stuff my husband put on an old iPod shuffle)

2 comments:

  1. OMG, she is just a cutie! So adorable! Make sure she's keeping the volume on the ipod nice and low. :D Love your stitching -- you really have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting so big! We need to get together soon.

    ReplyDelete