Sunday, January 5, 2014

Ahh the Holidays

We had a lovely Christmas and I hope everyone else did as well. It was great seeing family and old friends.  Christmas "Day" is super busy because we celebrate it about 4 times!  Once at our house (very low key) before we leave for FL, then at my moms, then David's grandmother's, then his parents.  Whew!  Lena opened a lot of gifts!  It was looking like a great visit until 4 am after Christmas when Lena got a stomach bug.  Yuck!  Then within 36 hours David and I both had it.  Thank goodness for the help of family during those days.  The rest of our visit was spent getting well.  :-(  Hopefully we'll be back down soon so we can actually spend more time with people.

Most of my pictures are of Lena and take place on Christmas.  Since we all got sick, the pictures basically stopped.

Here's Lena with the dinosaur puzzle I bought her (also wearing her new hoodie and new shoes).  She loves dinosaurs and at 2 yrs old can name a lot of them.

Cute Totoro mug I found on Etsy for David.  He works so hard and drinks a lot of tea to keep him going!

Stockings at my mom's house.  Lena's was almost as big as her.

Dinosaur Train!  Lena's favorite gift.  


My sister (on the left) showing off a new ring and my sister in law opening a gift.

Feeding her baby the new wooden play food her Grandpa bought her.  Great Aunt Sharon got into the fun.

"Asta, want some chicken?"  He knew something wasn't right...

Playing with her new dollhouse Grandma and Papa Lanham bought her.

Such at long day for a little girl!


As for stitching....I didn't do too much while down in FL.  But I have been very busy working on my Honeybee Hill.  It's supposed to be for a box top but I'm thinking of framing it.  I just can't think of where I'd keep a big box?



Up next...Either I start my Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House or Bunny Love by Snowflower Diaries 

6 comments:

  1. I am glad you are all well now.
    Love that picture of Asta and the chicken!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy looking family! Great Christmas pics, Lena is adorable! Your stitching is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful holiday (even with the illness).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you guys got sick! Finley was sick the first several Christmases in a row. Boo that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad the "bug" didn't last too long. Looks like Lena had a wonderful Christmas. Your Honeybee Hill piece looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, I hate stomach bugs, and I especially hate it when the whole family gets it. Love seeing your family Christmas celebration. Love your stitching too!

    ReplyDelete