Sunday, December 15, 2013

Happy Holidays!

This week we're starting to wrap things up here in NC and pack up to go to FL for the holidays. Before things get too crazy, I thought I'd do a quick post.

There's lots of pictures in this one folks, gotta catch up from after Halloween.


Fall 2013

What Fall would be complete without pumpkin spice challah bread?


Sitting down to our Thanksgiving dinner.  (no worries that's David's glass of wine off to the right)


Getting ready for Christmas
Our beautiful tree!  This year we chose a long needle pine. I've never had one before (being a FL gal, we only had fir trees) but I love it!

One Sunday we had a wintry mix kind of day,  Lena chose to change into pjs for the rest of the day.

Our Santa visit this year was a great success.  Here they are reading her Rudolph book.

 
Lena in front of our Christmas tree.


The Light Balls of Sunset Hills

My neighborhood in Greensboro is known for hanging light balls from the trees throughout the neighborhood.  They are just light strands around balled up chicken wire.


But when the whole neighborhood does it, the effect is magical.

Each year the neighborhood hosts a 5k that runs through the lighted streets at night.  They close the roads off to vehicles.  Neighbors come out and sing carols and cheer you on.  Some play music others played instruments in small groups.  It was so much fun!  My favorite 5k ever!




Stitching Update
Here are my four sampler Christmas Stockings by Mary Beale.

I've posted 3 of 4 in the past.

But this year..Asta (my dog) has his own.

And I just finished Violet's Blue by Blackbird Designs. 

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely lovely post!! I enjoyed seeing all the family pics, your tree, little Lena, your cool 5K (wow!), and your beautiful stockings and stitching. Just wonderful! Happy Christmas! Safe travels to Florida and enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update Kim! The tree looks wonderful and the stockings are gorgeous. Do they go with you to FL?
    Lena's pics are so sweet.
    Safe travels and have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I just LOVE your tree! It's the most beautiful I think I've ever seen... and I know my christmas trees!

    Love your stitchy stockings too!

    Can I just say I love everything and that would pretty well sum up everything haha.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures of Lena are just precious.
    So jealous of Asta! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pictures of Lena! And that running of the balls looks fun! We should do it together next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a safe trip Kim! It was great seeing you at the guild breakfast. I love all the pictures but especially the ones of Lena. She is just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love your long needed pine. The Christmas pictures are adorable. And I love the stitched stockings! Everything's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete