Monday, September 9, 2013

Nearly there

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (the tunnel being the unending black).  Thinking about light in the darkness gets Rocky Horror Picture Show stuck in my head.

So here it is block 12 (not my last block, but next to last) it's nearing completion.

Last week marked Lena's first day back at "school" in the big girl toddler room this year.

What is she up to?  Looks sneaky.

As we get closer to fall here in NC, the mornings get cool.  Here we are enjoying a morning at a local park.

And with fall comes apple season.  Oh how I love cooking with apples, these are my spiced apples that I put on pancakes and in oatmeal. Next will come pumpkins (pumpkin baking might come this weekend).

3 comments:

  1. Great progress! What a relief when that block is finished :)
    Lena is getting big. I hope that she is loving school.
    Your spice apples look wonderful. I am looking forward to pumpkin too. I think I will need to make some Indian Pudding soon, it just needs to be cooler :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block 12 is looking so good! You're almost there! I can't believe how big Lena is or that she's old enough to be in the big kids' room! Wow! How did that happen? She's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lot of black! I love apple season too. Oh dear, Lena in the big kids room, she's growing up fast.

    ReplyDelete