Monday, August 19, 2013

Finally...a blog post

Okay..so I've been a little remiss on my blogging, so say the least.  A lot has happened in the past 2 months.   Sadly I haven't done too much stitching.  I picked up a lot of extra yoga classes this summer on top of my other workout activities.  I was usually pretty worn out by all that and chasing a toddler around.  But I picked the needle back up last month to work on  a Christmas stocking for my dog Asta. And I've been going strong ever since!

I must warn you, this post is very photo heavy.


In June my little girl was flower girl for my sister-in-law's wedding (my husband in the background there looking handsome in a tux).

Then there was 4th of July, my little firecracker!

We met friends at the sprayground.  This place is awesome!

And had a pool day.


My October box (design by Cherished Stitches) came back from the finisher.

Love my Blackbird Designs fabric for the interior.


More recently, this big girl doesn't want to eat with her high chair tray.  (trays are for babies)

As you know, I love to cook.  I've been cooking up a storm.  Like this meal, chicken with 40 cloves of garlic.  So good, you could just lick the plate. (we don't anymore, now that we have to set an example)


Finally got Feast of Friendship by Blackbird Designs sent to the framer.

Stitched a Mary Beale, Sampler Stocking for my dog. (lucky dog!)


I finished block 11 on Village of Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings. In both of these photos the linen looks too light, it is the darker color called for.

And I've made a good start on block 12.  (you'll notice block 9 is yet to be stitched, I've saved that for if stitching the grave yard at night with all black gets to be too monotonous).


6 comments:

  1. Lovely update! Lena is getting so big.
    Great stitching and so nice to get things back framed and finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! So exciting that your little got to be a flower girl! She's getting sooooo big! How did that happen? Your stitching all looks great too! The October box is gorgeous! And I love the stocking for Asta -- gorgeous! The framing is lovely, and Houses is looking good! I think the black fill in on Houses can be nice and mindless, not so bad. :D Good that you saved another block to break up the monotony though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is so very precious. Yes! Lucky dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful catch up post. Wonderful pictures and stitching. I thought the wedding pic was a scene from a movie for a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who cares about stitching when you've got a little cutie like that! I hope you had a great summer ;) Why stay inside and stitch when you can go play in water with your daughter hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lena makes the cutest flower girl!

    ReplyDelete