Saturday, December 8, 2012

O Christmas Tree..

Just finished up a wonderful breakfast with the sampler guild I belong to.  It's so nice to see everyone and share some holiday designs!  Of course our youngest member tagged along (daddy has a soccer tournament today)  and she did very well for a 2 hour breakfast.

On to the tree!  This past week we decorated our tree and my husband got my bins of decorations out of the attic.  I love all the lights and the smell of fir tree throughout the house!

My Christmas Cactus bloomed like crazy this year after having none last year.

This is the little one in her Max towel.  There's even a little tail at the bottom.

And Asta in his festive bandana and the Max antler I made for him.

And as some of you may have seen, I love the light up ceramic Christmas Trees.
Here's my large one on the mantle next to a a couple cute little Alessi figurines.

A new one this year, tall and skinny.


Now for the tree....

 This year's tree was so tall I had to use chairs to hang many of the ornaments.


Tah Dah!  Isn't she a beaut!

 And a couple of my favorite ornaments...
I tatted this snowflake a few years ago, still one of my favorites.

And this little guy, a Sherlock Holmes I bought in the UK a couple years ago.  

And I know some of you are asking, where are those stockings I stitched?!?  Well...the hangers for my mantle are taking their sweet time in getting here.  Hopefully I will have them up next week.



TTFN

5 comments:

  1. That sherlock ornament is so cute! I hope Lena is enjoying all the fun decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love your tree with all the decorations. Looks like the little one loves it too! Beautiful Christmas cactus! And wow, you know how to do tatting! I'd love to learn sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is stunning. Christmas is such fun when you have a little one.

    Did you know that you are a no reply blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone else told me that...I haven't figured out how to fix it.

      Delete
  4. Your decorations are beautiful! I am looking forward to seeing you next week!

    ReplyDelete