Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chile Rellenos Casserole

Not only was I finally able to eat some ground beef (some good kind we bought from the farmer's market) but I tried out a new recipe. This month's issue of Cook's Country has a recipe for Chiles Rellenos. Now we love stuffed chiles but who has the time? Okay..sometimes we have the time. But we never fry them like the Mexican restaurants. So when I saw this recipe for a casserole, I had to try it.

It was awesome! If anyone is tempted, email me and I can scan my magazine.

Mmm...look at it all golden-y brown!

You make this tasty meat mixture and top it off with a "breading" and cheese.

AMAZING!

4 comments:

  1. Are chili rellenos spicy? I have always wondered about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well when you cook with them, like this casserole or to stuff them, you usually take out the seeds and ribs. So a little bit of spice but not a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. would you send me the recipe? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember which issue that was...but I'm sure it's on the cook's country website.

      Delete